Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Three

I have often wondered where the “Three Date Rule” originated. Was it in the Bible, because I haven’t quite gotten around to reading that yet? Does it go that far back? Were the Three Wise Men wondering around with their frankincense and myrrh talking about their hot dates? Wherever it came from, it should be retired and put to rest. The same goes for “The 3 Day Rule”. Dating is challenging enough as it is and then you are supposed to remember all of “the rules”? No stinkin way!

I can only surmise that the 3 date rule was made up by a bunch of horny guys. Some men actually think because they have taken you out to dinner that a girl “owes” them something. The only thing a gal should feel obligated to give is a nice hearty thank you. Maybe the rules are different depending on the age group. If being in your 20’s is anything like when I was in my 20’s, it’s a free for all. I am not, and neither are most of my friends, in that age category and we deserve more respect. I will sleep with you when and if I feel like it, no matter how much time and money you have exerted. If you want something for your hard earned money, get a hooker. It’s much less complicated unless of course you are Charlie Sheen.

How long should a guy wait to call a girl? If you like her pick up the friggin phone and call her! I believe dudes think by waiting 3 days to call it makes them not seem desperate, when really it just makes you seem uninterested. Three days is just long enough for her to forget why she liked you in the first place. If you call and she doesn’t pick up, leave a message. Don’t keep calling and waiting for her to pick up, that WILL make you look desperate. I am fairly certain caller ID was invented by a woman and a call log on your phone, by her sister.

The point to all of this? Be original, be yourself and do what you feel is right, not what society deems correct. If you do this, you won’t be single for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment